It’s NEW year indeed! It’s during this season that we signify our celebration with resolutions that we would like to do something about for the next days of the year. Oftentimes, it revolves around two conclusions, “to be changed” or “to be improved.” Either way, resolutions are best represented when based from a plan that is originally pictured from the eyes of the One who causes every thing to exist year by year. So allow me, by God’s grace to use “faith goals” as the best “new year’s resolution” term to share what I believe will happen in 2014. As I spontaneously yet prayerfully list some items, I’m not sure if I can be certain in a specific number. However, I want to be definite that these are what God has planted in my heart to give to Him in full surrender.
My 2014 Faith Goals
1. A Teaching Job. In 2013, I decided to pursue further studies to supplement what I already know in the field of Education. At the same time, my heart (then) was not ready to apply as a teacher so I considered working as a non-teaching staff in an institution. There’s no regret in letting this current school year pass without delving in a school as an educator because I became prepared and excited for the next school year. I discovered a lot of spheres in the field that made way for my heart to love my craft. Eventually,God also allowed me to pass the Licensure Exam for Teachers which really opened doors for more opportunities to influence.
2. Own Blog Domain. I have tried to wisely invest my time with this one and it’s worth it. 🙂 Though this is sooooo attainable, I want to have a personalized web design that I will seriously do with an expert (which makes it a faith goal). Haha! Why doubt, I know some…. 🙂
3. Learn how to drive. This is not a necessity but there’s always a desire in my heart to learn how to drive a car. When I express this aim to my friends, they challenge me to buy a car first (ideally a second hand) before I learn how. This is what makes me “back-off” with the desire to learn. haha. But this year, I want to lay down my cards and trust God that He is able to provide a car for me if it’s His will.
4.Finish reading all my current books befor buying new ones. Sometimes, I can impulsively buy books based on feelings. I’ll buy this because I’m lonely, I’ll buy this because I’m angry at someone, I need to read this because I want to get married, etc. Though books are also seasonal, I want to have that “quality control” on my reading habit. I want to have that perspective that It’s not about how many books I can collect in a month, but it’s how a book will help me seek more of God based on the principles that it suggests. I don’t want to hear myself asking… “Why or when did I buy this one?” at the end of the year.
5. Multiplying Disciples. Oh how I’ve been longing to have a new batch of “girls” under my accountability. Wew. Big word! I’m sure nothing is impossible with God if we know how to obey and move with Him.
6. Regular Savings and Time Deposit Accounts. I hope to share more of this in the coming days. 🙂
7. DSLR Camera. I’m not even sure if this is how to rightly use the term in the digital world. But yes, I want to level up and maximize the resources that we can use for God’s glory. Also, I’m praying that owning a stuff like this will not take away who I am designed to be because of the danger of vanity.
8. Consistency in giving tithes. This is another story, too. But the principle behind this is giving back to God what is due to Him–not because I want to be blessed but because I desire to experience more of God by trusting Him in this area of life.
9. A God-glorifying romantic relationship. I have also prepared a separate post about my relational life but with this one, I’m specifically talking about my relationship with Josh which I hope to be more expectant of God’s presence and plan this year. Thankfully, I’m so blessed to be in a relationship with a man whose heart was already stolen by the Lord and will never be replaced by my love because I’m so limited. As the woman in the relationship, I’m trusting God that I’ll alteast try to be more submissive, respectful, and supportive to my man’s leadership, and that it’ll be my training ground to our coming life together. 😉
Lastly, this will be my never-ending goal– that as long as I live, I desire to spend more time with God and continually live out the faith that I’ve found in Him 6 years ago.
Claiming these verses from Isaiah 43:18-19
“Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth;Will you not be aware of it?….”
I have so many things in mind which I believe can live in my journal but these are what I hope to share with you as I continually and openly share my heart in this wonderful journey of faith with Jesus, others, and you… May we all have a blessed New Year! Happy 2014! 🙂
Many plans are in a man’s heart,
But the counsel of the Lord will stand. -Proverbs 19:21
Image source: http://mikemesserli.blogspot.com/2011/12/sunrise.html
And to randomly share some of my goals, here it is…